As business enterprise, the broad and integrated services of AKRON Engineering Consultant’s Group Ltd. serve both public and private clients throughout Canada from our office located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. AKRON’s value-based technical areas of expertise fall into broad categories of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering, project/construction management, quality management & inspection, planning, surveying, feasibility studies, permitting, landscape architecture and community work involvement. Many of AKRON’s managing directors are registered professional engineers with decades of experience in various engineering disciplines.
AKRON offers professional structural calculation, analysis, design, and drafting services using STAAD Pro for structural modeling and analysis and AutoCAD for design and drafting for large scale multi-story buildings, pipe rack modules, pipe supports, platforms, ladders, stairs, and skids. In Compliance with Alberta Building Code Schedules (A-1, A-2, B-1, C-1, C-2), we offer accurate/high-quality design drawings with professional engineering stamps on timely and quality manners at a competitive price.
With a staff of highly trained / experienced engineers/drafters, AKRON is capable to address structural requirements for all types of steel / concrete structures, including:
- low, mid and high rise buildings
- low, mid and high rise buildings
- Pipe support
- Pump foundation
- Structural modification
- Substation skid
- Anchors, guides and expansion barrels for tailing pipes
AKRON provides comprehensive geotechnical investigation services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. The services include evaluation, consultation and design in the following categories:
- Study and recommendation on foundation types (shallow and deep), their design and construction
- Evaluation of soil bearing capacity and seismic design parameters
- Investigation of foundation settlement, cracking, heaving and other soil related problems
- Evaluation of existing foundations for available capacity for upper floor additions
- Recommendations for underpinning
- Evaluation and recommendations on existing and long-term slope stability
- Design and recommendations on slope reinforcement and erosion protection
- Design of cuts and earthfills
- Evaluation of earth pressures on retaining walls, shoring and other subgrade structures
- Dam safety review, analysis/evaluation in accordance with Alberta Dam & Canal Safety Guidelines under the water act
- Recommendations on design and construction of temporary shoring
- Study and evaluation of effects of surcharge loading and security of excavation cuts
- Evaluation of existing pavement conditions
- Recommendation and review of pavement design for vehicle parking, major and minor highways and truck usage
- Evaluation and design of engineered fills
- Recommendations on backfilling, compaction operations and soil improvements
- Design of subgrade, sub-base and base-course materials for slab-on-grade, service trenches, roadways, etc.
- Evaluation and recommendation on excavation and grading procedures
AKRON provides comprehensive Mechanical Engineering services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. AKRON has expertise in HVAC, Plumbing, Fire suppression, Chilled water and storage, Hot water, Wastewater, Compressed air, Tank farms, Residential and commercial elevators and mechanical rooms.
- Welding Procedure Specifications/Procedure Qualification Record Development
Material Non destructive testing:
- Overlay Macro Examination
- Hardness Testing
- Positive Material Identification
AKRON provides comprehensive Electrical Engineering services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. Akron has expertise in substations, Facility Start-up & Commissioning De-commissioning, SCADA/RTU installations, PLC upgrade and retrofit installations, Modular Skid Wiring, Residential wiring and panels, Cable Tray, Conduit and Raceways, HVAC, UPS systems, Fire suppression system.
AKRON provides detailed environmental assessment services, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and water well inspections.
QUALITY ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Management System/Business Process Improvement
- Quality Management System Setup and assisting in registration
- Management System Audit (ISO 9001, 14000 & 18000)
- Business Process Improvement
- Six Sigma implementation
In-service Inspection and Advanced NDT
- In-service inspection and turnaround support -API 510/570/653 Inspectors
- Welding inspection and supervision- CWB Level 1,2 & 3 certified inspectors with various code endorsements
- Conventional Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) including -Radiography inspection (RT), Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI), Dye Penetrant (LPI), and ultrasound inspection (UT)
- Advanced Inspection Technology – Eddy Current, Acoustic Emission, Guided Wave, Time of flight Diffraction (TOFD), Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing.
- Advanced Tube Inspection- Eddy Current ECT, Internal Rotating Inspection System (IRIS) And Remote Field Testing (RFT).
- Boroscope Inspection
- Hybrid Acoustic Technology – An advanced diagnostic and assessment technique coupled with PATENTED digital processing technology that has been developed to QUALIFY & QUANTIFY defects in order to determine the reliability of a specific asset”.
- Asset Integrity Service, Base line survey, FFS evaluation, RBI service. Routine inspection. Our experienced Team allows you to maintain your assets in a state fit for service through an asset integrity management program.
Procurement & Supply Chain Solutions
- Vendor Quality Surveillance and audit
Supply Chain Optimization
To meet rising customer expectations, supply chain organizations must monitor an ever-increasing array of potential disruptions. Supply Chain Optimization, powered by Akron, enables your organization to proactively predict, assess and mitigate disruptions and risks while establishing and managing your business partner network.
Business Network (B2B Collaboration)
When a B2B document is not delivered, a business process fails. B2B Collaboration empowers organizations to improve the information flow across B2B business relationships and ensures that critical transactions and data exchange are frictionless, productive, scalable and compliant.
Order Management and Fulfillment
Consumers want flexibility to choose how they buy, receive, and return goods and services; you need to meet their expectations while protecting profit margins. With intelligent omni-channel fulfillment, you can optimize inventory utilization and fulfillment efficiencies in real time so that you get a single view of orders and inventory across the entire fulfillment network, and customers can order anytime and anywhere.
Efficiently provide customers what they want, where and when they want it, through real-time global inventory visibility, sophisticated sourcing and fulfillment logic across all channels, and intelligent linking of inventory to demand.
PROJECTS MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
The success of any project relies heavily on how it is being managed. Project managers are constantly faced with the challenging task of assembling the right resources that will produce the right mixture of teamwork in order to complete the project safely with quality, within costs and schedule. Akron has the necessary expertise to assemble the right team of subject matter experts for client’s project management needs that will ensure the three objectives of a project (Quality, Cost, Schedule) is achieved.
Project Management Support 1
- Projects development
- Land acquisitions and development permits
- Building assessments
Project Management Support 2
- Projects management and coordination
- Construction management and administration
- Maintenance management strategies
- Projects controls, planning, and scheduling
Project Management Support 3
- QA/QC inspections for Piping, Mechanical, Civil, E&I, and Structural segments
- Construction & Turnover coordination
- Documents control
- HSE consultancy
Interested In Working On A Project?
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!