As business enterprise, the broad and integrated services of Akron Engineering Consultant’s Group Ltd. serve both public and private clients throughout Canada from our office located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Akron’s value-based technical areas of expertise fall into broad categories of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering, project/construction management, quality management & inspection, planning, surveying, feasibility studies, permitting, landscape architecture and community work involvement. Many of Akron’s managing directors are registered professional engineers with decades of experience in various engineering disciplines.
Based in Fort McMurray, Akron Engineering has been providing engineering structural, environmental, mechanical, and electrical assessment and/or design services, including suggested repair scopes if feasible.
Our engineering/inspection services are mainly utilized for new structures and/or for existing structures in relation to flooding and wild fires impacts on residential, commercial and industrial buildings. We played a major role in our community’s recovery from 2016 wild fire as we provided quality and timely services to our local community, insurance companies, and the Red Cross, post 2016 wild fire, for very reasonable fees.
Akron offers professional structural calculation, analysis, design, and drafting services using STAAD Pro for structural modeling and analysis and AutoCAD for design and drafting for large scale multi-story buildings, pipe rack modules, pipe supports, platforms, ladders, stairs, and skids. In Compliance with Alberta Building Code Schedules (A-1, A-2, B-1, C-1, C-2), we offer accurate/high-quality design drawings with professional engineering stamps on timely and quality manners at a competitive price.
With a staff of highly trained / experienced engineers/drafters, AKRON is capable to address structural requirements for all types of steel / concrete structures, including:
- low, mid and high rise buildings
- low, mid and high rise buildings
- Pipe support
- Pump foundation
- Structural modification
- Substation skid
- Anchors, guides and expansion barrels for tailing pipes
Akron provides comprehensive geotechnical investigation services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. The services include evaluation, consultation and design in the following categories:
- Study and recommendation on foundation types (shallow and deep), their design and construction
- Evaluation of soil bearing capacity and seismic design parameters
- Investigation of foundation settlement, cracking, heaving and other soil related problems
- Evaluation of existing foundations for available capacity for upper floor additions
- Recommendations for underpinning
- Evaluation and recommendations on existing and long-term slope stability
- Design and recommendations on slope reinforcement and erosion protection
- Design of cuts and earthfills
- Evaluation of earth pressures on retaining walls, shoring and other subgrade structures
- Dam safety review, analysis/evaluation in accordance with Alberta Dam & Canal Safety Guidelines under the water act
- Recommendations on design and construction of temporary shoring
- Study and evaluation of effects of surcharge loading and security of excavation cuts
- Evaluation of existing pavement conditions
- Recommendation and review of pavement design for vehicle parking, major and minor highways and truck usage
- Evaluation and design of engineered fills
- Recommendations on backfilling, compaction operations and soil improvements
- Design of subgrade, sub-base and base-course materials for slab-on-grade, service trenches, roadways, etc.
- Evaluation and recommendation on excavation and grading procedures
Akron provides comprehensive Mechanical Engineering services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. AKRON has expertise in HVAC, Plumbing, Fire suppression, Chilled water and storage, Hot water, Wastewater, Compressed air, Tank farms, Residential and commercial elevators and mechanical rooms.
- Welding Procedure Specifications/Procedure Qualification Record Development
Material Non destructive testing:
- Overlay Macro Examination
- Hardness Testing
- Positive Material Identification
Akron provides comprehensive Electrical Engineering services, both at the preliminary site feasibility and supplementary detailed stages. Akron has expertise in substations, Facility Start-up & Commissioning De-commissioning, SCADA/RTU installations, PLC upgrade and retrofit installations, Modular Skid Wiring, Residential wiring and panels, Cable Tray, Conduit and Raceways, HVAC, UPS systems, Fire suppression system.
Akron provides detailed environmental assessment services, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and water well inspections.
PROJECTS MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
The success of any project relies heavily on how it is being managed. Project managers are constantly faced with the challenging task of assembling the right resources that will produce the right mixture of teamwork in order to complete the project safely with quality, within costs and schedule. Akron has the necessary expertise to assemble the right team of subject matter experts for client’s project management needs that will ensure the three objectives of a project (Quality, Cost, Schedule) is achieved.
Project Management Support 1
- Projects development
- Land acquisitions and development permits
- Building assessments
Project Management Support 2
- Projects management and coordination
- Construction management and administration
- Maintenance management strategies
- Projects controls, planning, and scheduling
Project Management Support 3
- QA/QC inspections for Piping, Mechanical, Civil, E&I, and Structural segments
- Construction & Turnover coordination
- Documents control
- HSE consultancy
The process of acquiring goods can be quite challenging as there are terms, competitive bidding, and even finding a supplier. Akron Engineering can assist clients by connecting suppliers to buyers, creating terms of agreements, and providing consultation of the feasibility of a purchase.
Akron offers clients the following training courses
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Innovation and Industrial 4.0 Applications
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Developing High-Performance Cultures
- Introduction to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Making Innovation Part of Your Organizational DNA
- Leadership 4.0: How ready are you to be a Digital Leader
- Plan for Successful Change Management
- Social Neuroscience: The Brains Behind Creating a World-Class Reliability and Safety Culture
- Wrench Time – Dispelling the Myths of Work Sampling Studies – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Making the Connection Between Culture, Safety, Reliability, and Overall Operational Excellence
- Driving Operational Excellence to the Frontline: Turning Strategy Into Reality.
Interested In Working On A Project?
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!